Friday 3 October 2008

Rourkie's Cat & Fiddle Challenge

Lord help me this coming Sunday, for I am fat & lazy and certainly going to suffer up the Cat.

Target for this Sunday is firstly to break last years elapsed 4:15 which should really be achievable solely by cutting out some of the stops. I'll settle for 3:45, but we'll see how it goes on the day.

Par time for fat blokes on the C&F climb itself is about 43 minutes, I've been up there 3 times, and its been about 43 minutes, with the exception of the Polka Dot last year which was when I was approaching better fitness and had a following wind. I don't fancy arriving at the top dragging both lungs behind me on Sunday, so I think I may settle for 42 minutes & change.

Looking forward to it, and to booking in a few more Audax rides in the coming weeks to try and re-kindle some of the enthusiasm lost after the Etape.

No comments: